|Hours:||Full Time or Part Time|
|Remuneration:||£20,000 – £23,000pa, Pension, Holidays and Benefits|
|Location:||Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk.|
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident, caring person, with excellent people skills to join our friendly team of advisers. We feel passionately about providing the best possible support to unpaid carers to enable them to maintain the best possible choices and support.
We’re looking for someone who has a really strong customer service ethic, are happy providing appropriate information and guidance to family carers based in Norfolk.
If you have the right focus on delivering excellence to customers who make contact via telephone or through digital and social media channels, this will be a role you’ll thrive in.
You will be part of a highly regarded and valued team who are the ‘front door’ for supporting unpaid family carers in a refreshed service of Family Carers Norfolk.
Day to day activities include triaging calls from family carers, taking a person-centred approach to ensure all support offered is tailored to meet an individual’s needs through to contact with partnership with voluntary, statutory and community organisations.
The role will involve:
- Undertaking an initial call and triage, determine the correct level of support required from the service.
- When appropriate following initial triage, undertake a low-level carers assessment, complete an action plan and any necessary follow up calls agreed with the family carer and or professional.
- Provide relevant, accurate and up to date information from trusted sources, offering information, advice, guidance, signposting and doing onward referrals as needed.
- Ensure all information is recorded accurately and timely on our case management system.
- Taking referrals from professionals, ensuring all relevant required information is captured.
- Provide excellent communication and listening skills to identity and assess a family carer’s needs.
- Encouraging family carers to identify their own needs as far as possible, following an outcome-based framework to achieve their desired goals.
- Offer support to develop appropriate levels of self-advocacy.
- Build positive links with other professionals.
- To maintain up to date awareness/ knowledge of provision of services/ support within your allocated locality in order to ensure we are offering the best service to family carers, professionals and other stakeholders. Sharing with the team to continue building internal resources and information knowledge.
As part of the Carer Support/Customer Services Team you will be providing support Weekdays 9am to 8pm, Weekends 10am – 2pm, primarily via phone and digital channels, such as website Live Chat.
This a wonderful opportunity for you to provide amazing customer service for a highly regarded and respected team within the sector.
Experience and Expertise
You may not have experience across every customer service and carer support channel, but you will understand and value the importance of high level customer service.
There’ll be ongoing training and development so you can become an absolutely fantastic leader, role model and superstar within our social business and this.
Confidence, passion, drive, commitment, good communication and people skills will of course be needed.
FamilyCarersNet is innovative and unique in our sector and we are constantly pushing boundaries and driving things forward. We believe everything is possible and always want to improve on the now.
Our culture is one where people are relaxed, enjoy themselves, have the opportunity to exceed and excel, are challenged, encouraged to break boundaries, identify the new and be part of a team delivering damn good work. We’re very passionate about what we do. Our commitment and drive is unerring.
We don’t ask people to conform to a strict or specific way. We are all different, individual and unique. We like this and want people to stay like it. It’s what makes us who we are. But being polite, respectful, well mannered and professional is the conduct we ask and expect of everyone.
If you’re ready for something new, different and to push boundaries, where you can take ownership and responsibility for leading the Customer Service Teams whose cause is about helping people, in particular family carers, then it’s likely this role and our culture is a fit for you.
We want like-minded people to be part of, contribute to and rewarded for their involvement in the success of FamilyCarersNet and Family Carers Norfolk. If you’re now thinking about you in this role and what you could do, then it’s likely you could be a good fit.